st: re: overid after reg3

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: overid after reg3
Date   Wed, 2 Jul 2008 09:17:39 -0400

< >

Demetris said, in re using our -overid- command after -reg3- (presumably with Stata 10),

I make an educate guess and generate lagged values instead of using lagged =
operators and rerun the exercise, as follows:
=20
cons 1 ([x1]Lx1 + [x1]Lx3 + [x1]Lx4 + [x2]Lx2 + [x2]Lx5 + [x2]Lx6) =3D 0
reg3 (y x1 Lx1 x2) (x1 Lx1 Lx3 Lx4 ind*) (x2 Lx2 Lx5 Lx6 ind*), small dfk l=
(95) cons(1)
overid
=20
only to get another message:
=20

There is indeed some bug that has arisen in -overid-, as it no longer runs the examples with -reg3- in its help file. I suspect that as it was last revised pre-Stata 10, some changes within Mata for version 10 have introduced the error. I have just tested it on a machine running Stata 9.2, and it works fine on those help-file examples. It does have difficulty with time-series operators, and we will fix that.

We will research the issue caused by the version upgrade and post an updated version to the archive ASAP.

Thanks
Kit

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

* For searches and help try: