RE: st: RE: montecarlo simulations with actual distributions

Subject   RE: st: RE: montecarlo simulations with actual distributions
Date   Wed, 2 Jul 2008 13:57:24 +0200

Well, with my limited knowledge of MC, that is a question of the sampling
distribution of your estimator and how fast it converges to the true
population parameter of interest. In the case of the canonical example of
the mean, precision, i.e. the standard deviation, decreases in the square
root of the sample size.
The number of replications is easy to check for you, as today�s computing
power allows almost unlimited replications within a reasonable time frame.
So I would devote more time thinking about the properties of the estimator
than about number of reps...

Martin Weiss

Diplom-Kaufmann Martin Weiss
Mohlstrasse 36