st: RE: different result everytime - something strange

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: different result everytime - something strange
Date   Thu, 19 Jun 2008 18:10:46 +0100

The most common explanation is that something is changing the sort order
of your data.

I'd check to see whether it is -glcurve-.

Is this _all_ of what you are doing?

Shehzad Ali

I have encountered a funny problem, which maybe due to something wrong
with
my codes or with stata. I am trying to calculate concentration index
using
convenient regression method but everytime I run my do file, I get
different results using exactly the same data. I am sure someone can
help.

Here is what I am doing:

glcurve y [aw=weight], pvar(rank) replace nograph
qui sum x [fw=weight]
scalar mean=r(mean)
qui sum rank [fw=weight]
sca var_rank=r(Var)
gen lhs=2*var_rank*(x/mean)
regr lhs rank [pw=weight], cluster(commune)
sca CI=_b[rank]
display "concentration index", CI