Re: st: bootstraping two stages together

From   "Danny Cohen-Zada" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: bootstraping two stages together
Date   Wed, 18 Jun 2008 23:08:35 +0200

Thank you very much for you very kind support. Actually, an ordinal probit model may also be appropriate since my outcome variable is level of health (My research is on the effect of religiosity (10 levels) on health (very healthy, somewhat healthy, not healthy). Does anybody provides consistent estimates for an iv oridnal probit model?

If not, i think i will run ivprobit models as you suggested. I guess people will not believe in an estimate that is not consistent. Do you agree?

Thanks again for your useful ideas

Danny

----- Original Message ----- From: "Austin Nichols" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: st: bootstraping two stages together

Danny Cohen-Zada <[email protected]>:
I think that's better than the first approach, but still not a
consistent estimator.  I don't know that anyone has derived one for
the multinomial logit case.  But if you are bound and determined to
proceed without showing consistency, then yes, use the control
function approach like so:

prog inconsist
syntax varlist, y2(varlist) z(varlist)
gettoken y x: varlist
reg `y2' `x' `z'
tempvar e
predict double e, resid
mlogit `y' `y2' `x' `e'
end
bs, reps(100): inconsist outcome xvars, y2(endogvar) z(instr)

But I think you could just run some -ivprobit- regressions instead...
g y0=(outcome==0) if !mi(outcome)
g y1=(outcome==1) if !mi(outcome)
g y2=(outcome==2) if !mi(outcome)

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Danny Cohen-Zada