Re: st: nested logit possibilities

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: nested logit possibilities
Date   Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:04:19 +0100 (BST)

--- alfredo jimenez palmero <[email protected]> wrote:
> i would like to know if i can use the nested logistic regression when
> each individual facing the options can choose more than one.
> In the example of the families and restaurant where each family
> choose 1 restaurant (that are grouped in Fancy, Family and> Fast), it
> would be like if a family could go to more than 1 restaurant.
> I am studying FDI decision where a multinational enterprise can
> choose only 1 country to invest but they can also choose more than 1.

One idea would be to change the unit of analysis from companies to
investments, that way there will be one choice for each for each
investment. The problem now is that multiple investments can be made by
the same company. A solution to that would be specify the -cluster-
option.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis