st: xtmixed: comparing variable coefficients across models

From   "Steve" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: xtmixed: comparing variable coefficients across models
Date   Wed, 4 Jun 2008 07:50:36 -0500

We have two nested xtmixed models. We'd like to compare the coefficients of common variables between the models to determine the effects of an added variable in one of the models on the other variable coefficients. The added variable is a fixed effects variable and the random effects variables and correlation structure remain the same in both models.

-suest- will not work with -xtmixed- and -hausman- doesn't appear appropriate because we are unable to determine if one of the models is efficient and consistant and the Hausman test only gives a global chi-square.

Would someone please suggest how to do this?

Steve Rothenberg
CINVESTAV-IPN
Mérida, Yucatán
México