Re: st: instrumental variable for quantile regression

Subject   Re: st: instrumental variable for quantile regression
Date   Thu, 22 May 2008 13:28:00 -0400

alessia matano <[email protected]>:
The ref cited elliptically in
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2003-09/msg00585.html
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2006-06/msg00472.html
is

Takeshi Amemiya
"Two Stage Least Absolute Deviations Estimators"
Econometrica, Vol. 50, No. 3 (May, 1982), pp. 689-711
http://www.jstor.org/stable/1912608

which proves consistency of that model (2SLAD) for the structural
parameter \beta which determines the conditional mean of y = X\beta.
That's the conditional mean, not median. I.e. not the usual
interpretation of LAD in terms of quantile regression; see e.g.
Koenker and Hallock 2001:
http://www.econ.uiuc.edu/~roger/research/rq/QRJEP.pdf

If you have survey data, read Stas K.'s refs in
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-09/msg00147.html

So I guess I need more info from you as to what data you've got and
what you want to estimate before I make any claims about
consistency...