st: Collpasing Data by every 4 observations

From   "Michael W. Beets" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Collpasing Data by every 4 observations
Date   Wed, 21 May 2008 12:03:50 -0700

I have 15sec interval data collected on individuals over the course of a single day.

The data look like the following, where "counts" are the primary outcome and time is the "time" (fraction of 24hrs) the counts occurred.

What I am attempting to do is create a mean of every 4 15sec intervals to reflect the average counts/min. Hence, if a person is monitored (at 15sec intervals) over the duration of 1hr, they would have 240 lines of data containing counts. This needs to be collapsed into average counts/min (resulting in 60 lines of data/person).

However, I am unaware of how to specify the collapse command to take the average of every 4 lines of data.

. list counts time in 1/20

+------------------+
| counts time |
|------------------|