st: RE: On multiple comparisons after multiple regression

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: On multiple comparisons after multiple regression
Date   Tue, 20 May 2008 12:15:00 +0100

I don't understand this question, and I suspect that a lot of other
listers won't either. Whether something is "necessary" depends on what
it was supposed to be necessary for, and this depends on the question
you wanted to ask. You may want corrected 95% confidence limits. Or you
may want a discovery set such that you are 95% confident that all of the
discoveries are "real". Or you may want a discovery set such that you
are 95% confident that some of them are real, or 90% confident that most
of them are real. The correct procedure to use depends on which you want
to do.

However, an article on multiple-test procedures in Stata can be
downloaded from the Stata Journal website at
http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=st0035
and a Stata User Meeting presentation on the same subject can be
downloaded from the SSC page at
http://ideas.repec.org/p/boc/usug03/16.html

I hope this helps.

Best wishes