st: reshape problem

From   "Simon Oertel" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: reshape problem
Date   Thu, 15 May 2008 12:35:35 +0200

Dear Stata Users,

my dataset contains 4000 observations. Each subject in the dataset is
member of an investment program, while some subjects join more than one
program. So in total my dataset is based on 3232 subjects; some of them
registered two or more times based on different investment programs.

However, I would like to use the reshape command to restructure my data
from long to wide but I always get the message "... takes to many
values". The variable I would like to use as "j" in the reshape command
is unique for each subject.

Is there another way to restructure my data - besides reshape, or any
other solution for my problem?

Thanks for your answers.
Simon