Re: st: multiple rolling regressions

From   "Erasmo Giambona" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: multiple rolling regressions
Date   Thu, 8 May 2008 19:21:53 +0200

Hi Austin,

Thanks very much. Your code really gets me very very close to what I
want to achieve.

Here are some additional clarifications that you required. Yes, I am
only interested in saving the estimated coefs d of reg ye xe. If there
are missing data in the 5 year window, I would still like to get the
estimates with whatever data is available. If there are gaps, for
instance for a company I have data for the window 1980-1984 and
1990-1994, then I would like to get estimates for the first window and
independently for the second window.

I noticed that you code calculates d based on observations from -2 to +2.

This is what I get if I run it:

  +-----------------------------------+
  | firm   year    y    x           d |
  |-----------------------------------|
  |    1   1980   20   23           . |
  |    1   1981   22   34           . |
  |    1   1982   20   19   .15129763 |
  |    1   1983   20   23    .1403674 |
  |    1   1984   22   34   .24162679 |
  |    1   1985   20   19   .15236427 |
  |    1   1986   28   34           . |
  |    1   1987   30   19           . |

For instance, d=.15129763 for 1982 is based on data from 1980-1984.
What I would really like to achieve is for instance that d for 1984 is
based on the data from 1980-1984.

Hope you can provide some additional hints on how I could obtain what I need.
Thanks very much,
Erasmo