Re: st: Draw graph after stpiece

From   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Draw graph after stpiece
Date   Tue, 6 May 2008 11:01:22 -0700

--- Thong Pham <[email protected]> wrote:
> Does anybody show me how to draw a hazard, survival function after
> running stpiece command to estimate a piecewise constant
> exponential model.

-stpiece- is a user writen program, I assume you the version from -ssc-
(there are sometimes multiple versions of user written software
floating around in cyberspace). Consider the example below: -stpiece-
requires a you -stset- your data using an id variable, which is absent
in the cancer dataset, so I create one with the -gen long id = _n-
command. In order to use postestimation commands you need to specify
the -nopreserve- option in -stpiece-. The hazard is e to the power of
the linear predictor, so the -adjust- commands with the -exp- option
allows you to compute the predicted hazard when for the control group
(_Idrug_2==0 and _Idrug_3==0) with a mean age. Next you graph the
result:

*----------- begin example ----------------------
sysuse cancer, clear
gen long id = _n
stset studytime, failure(died) id(id)
xi: stpiece i.drug age, tp(5 10 20 30) nopreserve
adjust _Idrug_2=0 _Idrug_3=0 age, exp by(studytime) gen(hazard)
twoway line hazard studytime, sort c(J)
*----------- end example ------------------------
(For more on how to use examples I sent to the Statalist, see
http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/stata/exampleFAQ.html )

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:

+31 20 5986715

http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/

Yahoo! For Good. Give and get cool things for free, reduce waste and help our planet. Plus find hidden Yahoo! treasure

http://green.yahoo.com/uk/earth-day/

Privileged, confidential or patient identifiable information may be contained in this message. This information is meant only for the use of the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, or if the message has been addressed to you in error, do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission. Instead, please notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.