st: value labels in codebook

From   "Lektzian, David" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: value labels in codebook
Date   Fri, 2 May 2008 14:45:27 -0500

Dear Statalist,
I have a variable that I attached value labels to and I want to see all
the value labels when I use codebook, but it only shows one "example".
Below is the describe, the codebook, and the labelbook on the variable
and label.  Can anybody tell me how to make codebook display all of my
value labels, or is there another utility that will do this?

. describe cwhiact1

              storage  display     value
variable name   type   format      label      variable label
-------
cwhiact1        byte   %33.0g      action     Highest action by cc1 in
                                                dispute (see MID B
codebook)

. codebook cwhiact1
cwhiact1                                 Highest action by cc1 in
dispute (see MID B codebook)
----------------------

                  type:  numeric (byte)
                 label:  action, but 1 nonmissing value is not labeled

                 range:  [0,21]                       units:  1
         unique values:  18                       missing .:  9975/13388

              examples:  17    Seizure [4]
                         .
                         .
                         .

. labelbook action

----------------------
value label action
----------------------

      values                                    labels
       range:  [-9,23]                   string length:  [8,33]
           N:  24                unique at full length:  yes
        gaps:  yes                 unique at length 12:  no
  missing .*:  0                           null string:  no
                               leading/trailing blanks:  no
                                    numeric -> numeric:  no
  definition
          -9   Missing [-9]