Re: st: Matrix manipulation.

From   Thomas Gschwend <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Matrix manipulation.
Date   Fri, 02 May 2008 12:16:01 +0200

Going back to the original question Victor asked, and I am not sure what he is planning to do or whether I understand him correctly, but if you try to calculate predicted values and uncertainty estimates for certain scenarios that involve interaction terms you can use -clarify- (findit clarify) without doing the matrix manipulations yourself.

Best,
Thomas

--- Victor Mauricio Herrera <[email protected]> wrote:

I'm running a regression model and then using the matrix of
coefficients e(b) for additional calculations. In the model I
have an interaction term between two dichotomous variables (i.e.
gender-by-obesity, with women coded as 0 and men coded as 1).
The coefficient for obesity in women is already in e(b) but not
the coefficient for obesity in men. I know I can easily
calculate this coefficient using lincom, but the problem is that
I need to add the coefficient for obesity in men as an additional
column to the e(b) matrix, to be able to do additional
calculations using e(b). In not very familiar with matrix
manipulation and I wonder if there is an easy way to do this.