Re: st: -cmp- updates

From   "Arne Risa Hole" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -cmp- updates
Date   Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:40:49 +0100

David,

There is some discussion of this issue in the context of bivariate
probit models in Greene (2000, p849-56). To quote from the example in
the text: "Surprisingly, the endogenous nature of one of the variables
on the right-hand side of the first-equation can be ignored in
formulating the log-likelihood". He then goes on to show why this is
the case.

Arne

Ref: Greene WH. 2000. Econometric Analysis. 4th edition.