st: evaluating probabilities using kdensity

From   "Conner Mullally" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: evaluating probabilities using kdensity
Date   Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:00:18 -0800

Hello,
I have a puzzle that I cannot figure out.  I have a data
series that runs from 600 or so up to 2200.  What I would
like to do is estimate a kernel density using this series,
and then evaluate the cumulative probabilities of different
values within the range cited above.  For example, I might
have X=(500, 623, and 2300), which I use to estimate the
kernel density.  But then I would like to know the
probability that x<525, as predicted by the results of the
kernel estimation.  I tried creating a new variable
consisting of integers between 500 and 2200 and using the
"at" option with this variable, but I think this changes the
number of points used to estimate the kernel, which is
something I do not want.  Thanks in advance for the help!