RE: st: xtlogit with a fractional response

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: xtlogit with a fractional response
Date   Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:04:03 +0000 (GMT)

--- Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
> What Maarten says in his last sentence presumably applies to a
> particular kind of model.

Yes, I understood the fractional logit to mean the model proposed by
Papke and Wooldridge (1993). Such terminology does not tend to be
universal across disciplines, so I should have added the reference
(especially when I am making a claim about the history of statistics
and Nick is on watch).

Thanks,
Maarten

Leslie E. Papke and Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, "Econometric Methods for
Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan
Participation Rates", Journal of Applied Econometrics, Vol. 11, No. 6,
1996, pp. 619-632.

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081