Re: RIF: st: mfx with xtlogit

From   Johannes Geyer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: RIF: st: mfx with xtlogit
Date   Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:20:00 +0100

>the mfx default does not correspond to the median of the dependent
variable evaluated at sample means of >independent variables? to evaluate
at the mean I guess it is necessary to predict the mean of the dependent
>variable before mfx

from -mfx- helptext:
Exactly what mfx can calculate  is determined by the previous estimation
command and the  predict(predict_option) option.  The values at which the
marginal effects  or elasticities are to be evaluated is determined by the
at(atlist) option.  By default, mfx calculates the marginal effects or
elasticities  at the means of the independent variables using the default
prediction  option associated with the previous estimation command.

Johannes

----------------------
Johannes Geyer
Deutsches Institut f�r Wirtschaftsforschung (DIW Berlin)
German Institute for Economic Research
Department of Public Economics
DIW Berlin
Mohrenstra�e 58
10117 Berlin
Tel: +49-30-89789-258

"Mussida Chiara" <[email protected]>
Gesendet von: [email protected]
26/02/2008 12:11
Bitte antworten an
[email protected]

An
<[email protected]>
Kopie

Thema
RIF: st: mfx with xtlogit

the mfx default does not correspond to the median of the dependent
variable evaluated at sample means of independent variables? to evaluate
at the mean I guess it is necessary to predict the mean of the dependent
variable before mfx

chiara