st: Jointly testing mean differences among two groups for 2 variables using survey data

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Jointly testing mean differences among two groups for 2 variables using survey data
Date   23 Feb 2008 16:34:29 -0600

I am trying to post this message again from my other email account, because I can not see the post from my other account.....

Hello everyone!

I have a data base with 2 different test scores and two groups, a treatment group and a control group. I have managed to test whether the mean of each test scores is different among the two groups using svymean and then lincom in this way:

svy: mean testA, over(treatment)
lincom [testA]1-[testA]0

svy: mean testB, over(treatment)
lincom [testB]1-[testB]0

What I want to do is jointly test whether both variables (testA and testB) are jointly statistically different among the two groups, but incorporating the sample design in my estimation.

I have tryed to do this using the command "test", but it doesn't seem to work. I was also thinking in estimate two models like these:

testa= a + b (treatment)
testb= c + d (treatment)

and then jointly estimate whether both b and d are equal to zero. The problem is that I would need to use some sort of multiple-equation estimation in order to use "test", but I can not find an option to do that incorporating the sample design.

Hope somebody can help me to figure this out...

Thanks in advance!

Renato
*
* For searches and help try: