Re: implementation of boschloo's test: very slow execution

From   "Eva Poen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: implementation of boschloo's test: very slow execution
Date   Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:31:15 +0000

Thank you Nick.

Upon reading my post again, I realised that I was not careful enough
when simplifying the code for the purpose of sending it to the list.

The line involving the binomial:
qui replace current  =
Binomial(n1,`xx1',theta)-Binomial(n1,`=`xx1'+1',theta))*(Binomial(n2,`xx2',theta)-Binomial(n2,`=`xx2'+1',theta))

should have -theta- replaced by -p-. Therefore, -current- and -PH0sum-
are not constant; the binomial product is calculated for all values of
-p-, which are 10001 in my case.

The p-value of the test is the maximum (well, supremum, actually) of
the variable -PH0sum-.

It seems to be the case that the most time-consuming thing inside the
nested loop is this product of binomial probability mass functions. Is
there a way outside Mata to speed this bit up?

Thanks again,
Eva