st: R: command: stpiece

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: R: command: stpiece
Date   Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:25:44 +0100

Dear Chiara,
your question might find some helpful answers in Cleves MA, Gould WW,
Gutierrez RG. An introduction to survival analysis using Stata. College
Station, TX: StataCorp, 2004: 65-66.

Id variable is particularly useful whenever you are dealing with multiple
records per subject in your dataset.

Should your dataset be a single-observation one(I mean, your data set
reports the median of unemployment duration measured in months for _n
individuals, assuming they are not hired-fired workers; let's say that your
data set includes 10 individuals only), you can generate id in the following
way (please, see short example below):
set obs 10
obs was 0, now 10
g id=_n