Re: st: RE: exponential distribution

Subject   Re: st: RE: exponential distribution
Date   Wed, 20 Feb 2008 08:24:21 -0500

Martin--
Many have complained about the lack of inbuilt distributions in Stata,
but it is nevertheless useful to understand how to create random
numbers of any given distribution.  In this case, Jon already had the
answer in hand, but the general principle is what he was looking for,
I think.  Using a inbuilt function, or calling R, would not illuminate
the general principle, IMHO.