Re: st: question for graphing hazard rate plots

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: question for graphing hazard rate plots
Date   Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:05:09 +0000 (GMT)

--- Elise Paradis <[email protected]> wrote:
> What she is looking for is baseline hazard rates in the form of a
> graph. She does not want a full event history analysis with
> variables.

It seems that you are looking for -sts graph-. Notice, that estimates
of the hazard rate are very noicy, so Stata will automatically smooth
it. Alternatives that are not smoothed are the survivor and the
cumulative hazard functions. Both alternatives can also be plotted
using -sts graph-. Another option is to estimate a  model with -streg-
without covariates, and graph the estimated hazard function with
-stcurve-. See: -help sts graph-, -help streg-, -help stcurve- and the
example below:

*--------------- begin example ----------------
sysuse cancer, clear
stset studytime, failure(died)

sts graph, hazard

streg , distribution(weibull)
stcurv, hazard
*-------------- end example -------------------
(For more on how to use examples I sent to the Statalist, see
http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/stata/exampleFAQ.html )

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis