Re: st: Extracting from returned Matrix

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Extracting from returned Matrix
Date   Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:39:02 -0500

I am 100% sure that it is a classical problem of inaccessibility of
elements of e() matrix.
Together with quotes, macros and gettoken/parse this is the most
common obstacle.

Stata does not understand:
   matrix B=e(V)[2,3]

Stata does understand:
   matrix A=e(V)
   matrix B=A[2,3]

I.e. you need a temporary matrix. Think of e() as a function, and
functions do not have indices, even if the results they return are
matrices.

Best regards,
   Sergiy Radyakin