RE: st: Multiple mean comparisons with complex survey design - Richard

From   "Sven Klingemann" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Multiple mean comparisons with complex survey design - Richard
Date   Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:22:12 -0600

Hm, just noticed that as well ... guess this has not solved the problem
quite yet ...

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Richard Williams
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 3:13 PM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: Multiple mean comparisons with complex survey design -
Richard

At 03:11 PM 2/19/2008, Sven Klingemann wrote:
>Thanks Richard. I guess I got confused by the Stata Manual:

You can also set it up as a regression problem, in which case you
could do it in Stata 9:

webuse nhanes2f
xi: svy: reg health i.race
test _Irace_2 _Irace_3, mtest(b)

As I think about it though, I am not sure if this is giving you
exactly what you want.  It is giving you comparison of 1 versus 2 and
1 versus 3, but not 2 versus 3.  If you were using the oneway command
with non-svy data, you would get all three contrasts.  So, maybe this
doesn't solve your problem after all?

Of course, doing a bonferroni adjust by hand isn't all that hard and
could perhaps be automated.  Maybe set up a loop to do a bunch of
test commands.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]