RE: st: Reinstalling Stata - How to reinstall downloaded packages

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Reinstalling Stata - How to reinstall downloaded packages
Date   Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:56:31 -0800

AHA!  I always suspected the some of my work was "drivel"  I can hardly
wait to cd drivel/Stata...

The devil made me do it!

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Richard
Williams
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 2:01 PM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Reinstalling Stata - How to reinstall downloaded
packages

At 03:44 PM 2/18/2008, Allan Joseph Medwick wrote:
>Hi, All,
>
>I need to reinstall Stata.  I know that I can list all of the packages
>I have downloaded using "ado dir".  Is there an easy way to turn this
>list into a do file that I can run when I reinstall Stata to get all
>of the same packages back?
>
>Thanks,
>Allan

You may also just want to save and re-use the folder c:\ado (unless
perhaps it has gotten corrupted).  I periodically copy c:\ado from
one machine to another so that Stata has the same programs on
different machines.  You just have to be careful that any
personalized settings in profile.do will work ok on different
machines, e.g. if you are assigning drivel letters and paths to Stata
directories.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]