st: RES: Need Help with Clusters and Weighting

From   "Henrique Neder" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RES: Need Help with Clusters and Weighting
Date   Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:49:23 -0300

Liliana

I think that you are dealing with a problem related with the svy commands.
You have a sample that is clustered (and pre-stratified sample). The PSU's
(primary sampling units) are formed by 7 ultimate sample units, each. You
have to generate two new variables in your data base: the strata (a variable
that identify the strata classification of your data) and the psu (the
variable that identify your cluster classification). The weights are the
inverse of your sample fraction (N/n, N = the total of elements in your
population and n = 210). I suppose that you are dealing with clusters in the
population with the same size. So you have a self-weighted sample.
At first, define the sample design:

svyset psu [pweight=pw], strata || _n

In the sequence you have to execute the svy:logit command

For survey data analysis, a good reference is:
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/topics/Survey.htm

Henrique