Re: st: bootstrap in stata 9 and stata 10

From   Carl Nelson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: bootstrap in stata 9 and stata 10
Date   Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:21:34 -0600 (CST)

Thank you for the explanation, Jeff. It is consistent with the solution I found. Stata 9 allowed my lazy programming that let temporary variables hang around and get re-set. I used the noisily option in bootstrap and found the error my programming was causing in stata 10. Appropriate uses of drop and changing gen to replace fixed my elasticity function so that it would work in stata 10.
The quick response and clear explanation of the structure of stata is very valuable and greatly appreciated.