st: Questions about svy commands

From   Ana Gabriela Guerrero Serdan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Questions about svy commands
Date   Sat, 9 Feb 2008 04:04:30 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,

Sorry for these probably obvious questions. Have
looked into the archives  but I'm still confused on
the following issues:

1) I am using survey data (two-stages with
stratification). I am looking at children less than
five years old.  Can I apply svy set as usual to my
sub-sample of children as follows?

svyset [pweight= expweigh],  strata(AI05) psu( AI06)

2) I had initially done my analyis with linear
ressions without the svyset, controlling for
differences in provinces and cohorts, and clustering
at the district level. I used areg as follows:

areg Y X DummiesProvinces, vce(cluster district)
absorb(mdate)

What command can I use if I first set my data for
svyset?

Gaby Guerrero Serdan

Deparment of Economics
Royal Holloway, University of London