Re: st: set memory with Stata/MP 10.0

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: set memory with Stata/MP 10.0
Date   Thu, 7 Feb 2008 10:29:20 -0500

On 2/6/08, Ronan Conroy <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2008, at 16:48, Genty, Celine wrote:
>
> > How can I open a database of 14 Go (11 columns and 186,000,000
> > rows) with Stata/MP 10.0 ?
>
> It may be worth remembering that sample size estimation is the art of
> getting the required amount of precision with the minimum data.
>
> Just because you have that many observations, you may not need them.

Unless the dataset represents banking transactions. In that case you
would really want all of them to be processed! (There was no word on
estimation in the original email)

:)

Sergiy