st: RE: Storing the output of a list command in a local macro

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Storing the output of a list command in a local macro
Date   Tue, 5 Feb 2008 21:01:44 -0000

See the help on -levelsof-.

levelsof var1 if var2 == x, local(levels)

Also, this list is called Statalist.
I don't know why so many people call it statlist.

Christian Rauh

In the hope not to have overlooked something obvious in the help files
or in the statlist archives, here's my problem:
I wonder whether it is possible to store certain variable values that
come as an output of a list command into a local macro. Consider the
following simple command:

list var1 if var2==x

How can I efficiently store the resulting values of var1 in a local? Of
course, if there is a solution bypassing the list comand, I'd be happy,
too.