AW: st: AW: simple question

Subject   AW: st: AW: simple question
Date   Tue, 5 Feb 2008 13:59:14 +0100

Fine with me, Maarten, appreciate your frequent contributions to the Stata
community :-)

Martin Weiss

Diplom-Kaufmann Martin Weiss
Mohlstrasse 36
Room 415
72074 Tuebingen
Germany

Fon: 0049-7071-2978184

Home: http://www.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de/cms/index.php?id=1130

Publications: http://www.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de/cms/index.php?id=1131

SSRN: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=669945

-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Maarten buis
Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. Februar 2008 13:30
An: stata list
Betreff: RE: st: AW: simple question

-- Martin Weiss sugested:
> g redundism= zredundab==1|zdismissa==1

Good call, you can expand it to respect missing values in the following
way:

g redundism = zredundab==1|zdismissa==1 if ///
              !missing(zredundab==1,zdismissa)

In the code by Martin they are given the value 0, while in the code by
Maarten they are missing. (Sorry, I could not resist this nice
opportunity to emphasize the difference between my name and Martin...)

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081