st: using "/" symbol in matrix row names, Stata 10

From   "Zurab Sajaia" <[email protected]>
To   "statalist" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: using "/" symbol in matrix row names, Stata 10
Date   Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:54:11 -0500

Hi everyone,

This question might refer to the StataCorp folks but I still decided to post it here. And apologies for asking it again but the last time it was part of another discussion and I guess escaped most of the people's attention.

In the previous versions it was legitimate to write:

. mat a=4
. mat rownames a = /name

and the result was as expected (by me):

. mat list a
symmetric a[1,1]
c1
/name 4

. mat rownames a = eqn:/name

. mat list a
symmetric a[1,1]
c1
eqn:/name 4

Now if I try to do the same thing in Stata 10:

. mat a=4
. mat rownames a = /name
. mat list a
symmetric a[1,1]
c1
name:_cons 4

and in the second case:

. mat rownames a = eqn:/name
/name invalid name

Since I'm using "/" symbol in the matrix row names in one of my programs I'd really like to know if it's a bug in Stata 10 that might be fixed some time soon or the change in behavior was intentional (I couldn't find any changes in the help file) and I need to modify my program in order for it to keep working.

Thanks in advance for all insights,
Zurab
*
* For searches and help try: