RE: st: xtmepoisson and xtmelogit error messages

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: xtmepoisson and xtmelogit error messages
Date   Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:44:48 -0800

Another option might be to consider this as a zero-inflated poisson
model or zero inflated binomial model - I'm not sure if this is
available directly in the xt series.  If the zeros are identifiable
(e.g., you know which subjects in the Poisson must be zero), you can
model the zero vs. non-zero with stmelogit, and the non-zero with
xtmepoisson, but with the distribution here, it looks like this could be
problematic.  If you have some structural zeros, these could be modeled
separately.

The main thing would be to make the model understandable to people who
weren't intimately familiar with the data.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University