st: predicting (fitted) values after ivtobit

From   Alejandro Delafuente <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: predicting (fitted) values after ivtobit
Date   Sat, 02 Feb 2008 21:54:19 +0000

Dear statalisters,

Am trying to show graphically the relationship between a score index
(X - independent variable) and remittance levels (Y - dependent variable)
estimated with an ivtobit model.

Thus far, after running the ivtobit model I predict marginal effects as follows:
mfx compute, at(mean X = numerical value)
As part of the above computation Stata displays the (predicted) fitted values
for Y.
Then manually I plot various predicted values of remittances estimated across a
full range of different levels of the score index, leaving the rest of
independent variables fixed at their mean.

Two questions:
Is this the right way to predict expected levels of remittances, considering
that am doing some left censoring at zero? In other words, am I using the
corrected 'fitted values' command?

Is there any graph option that would allow Stata do this for me more directly
(i.e, to use an overlayed picture of the scatter of actual observations and
then the fitted values above it), although my score index has many values

Many thanks,

Alejandro

--
Alejandro de la Fuente
Department of International Development/QEH