Re: st: RE: LOGIT MODEL

From   SR Millis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: LOGIT MODEL
Date   Mon, 31 Dec 2007 08:37:00 -0800 (PST)

1.  What is your sample size?

2.  Have you examined the degree of collinearity among
your 14 covariates?

3. If your models are nested, you can used the
likelihood ratio test to compare models.  You can also
compared AUCs and BICs.

SR Millis

Ismail Ait Saadi <[email protected]> wrote:
Dear All,

I know most of you are on holiday but I really
appreciate your help and time.

I am running a logit model to predict currency crises.
I have 14 variables. I run MODEL1 with all 14
variables, then run MODEL2 with only 7 variables which
are mostly used by researchers. I wanted to compare
the two models and see which one is superior.

1-Can you please give me the list of indicators that
can be used for such comparison?

2-I know that ROC and PSEUDO R2 can be used but I get
confused when some indicators are in favor of MODEL1
and others are in favor of MODEL2. What should I do.

3- What are the general rules in comparing two logit
models.

Many thanks.
Enjoy your Holidays,

Ismail

--- Uri Goldbourt <[email protected]> wrote:

> Look in the brand new issue of STATISTICS IN
> MEDICINE. (Published by Wiley).
>
> This is the main theme of the entire issue.
>
> Sincerely,
>

> Uri

Scott R Millis, PhD, MEd, ABPP (CN,CL,RP), CStat
Professor & Director of Research
Dept of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Wayne State University School of Medicine
261 Mack Blvd
Detroit, MI 48201
Email:  [email protected]
Tel: 313-993-8085