Re: st: "analytics"

From   Marcello Pagano <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: "analytics"
Date   Fri, 28 Dec 2007 14:47:17 -0500

You are not referring to Aristotle's use of the word, I presume. Maybe he was a statistician at heart :-)

m.p.

On 12/28/2007 2:00 PM, David Airey wrote:

.

Where did this word come from? It strikes me as one of those words that is made up by the business community. Was it? Or was it made up by statisticians? Wikipedia and Wiktionary are not satisfying in their explanation. The term permeates SAS and SPSS sites pages, but not Stata pages. I think that's a good thing.

-Dave
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/