Re: st: re: egen to calculate industry medians with own firm excluded

Subject   Re: st: re: egen to calculate industry medians with own firm excluded
Date   Fri, 21 Dec 2007 13:11:46 -0500

Kit et al.--
This is a very useful comparison, but I wonder if a solution from
first principles (avoiding -egen-) might not be in many cases faster
and more flexible.  As an example of the latter property, consider
computing weighted medians (though it seems that Ben Jann's approach
can handle weights).

ps. The original query was from Erasmo Giambona; Friedrich Huebler
provided the first answer.