st: Calculating area under the curve for insulin

From   "Sheela Magge" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Calculating area under the curve for insulin
Date   Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:51:38 -0500

Hello,
I am trying to use STATA to calculate the area under the curve for
insulin levels measured during an oral glucose tolerance test.  So, I
have insulin (and glucose) levels at time points 0, 30, 60, 90, 120,
180, for 62 patients.  For each pt, I specifically want to calculate the
AUC for insulin, and additionally need to subtract out the baseline
insulin level.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you,

Sheela N. Magge, M.D., M.S.C.E.
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Faculty Fellow, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Division of
Endocrinology/Diabetes

email: [email protected]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This electronic mail may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone
other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this

electronic mail or its contents by persons other than the intended
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply email so that we may correct our records.  Please then
delete the original message.