st: RE: partial()-option of xtivreg2

Subject   st: RE: partial()-option of xtivreg2
Date   Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:56:22 -0500

Mark--
I don't want to make any general claims about identification of
parameters, but it seems to me that if you can regress y* on X1* and
X2*, where v*=v(t)-v(t-1), then you can partial out X2* _after_
first-differencing to estimate the equivalent regression reporting
only the coefficients on X1* --which I think argues for a warning
message on -xtivreg2- rather than an error message.