Re: st: 4 graphs in 1

From   Johannes Geyer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: 4 graphs in 1
Date   Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:34:21 +0100

"2) twoway scatter with by.  Pros: Only one legend for all 4 graphs. Cons:
Notes and title show up 4 times when I use this command and the annoying
"Graphs by" in lower left hand corner."

if you use "by" you can specify "note" and "title" as an option of "by",
e.g.

twoway ...  , ...  by(var, title("One title") note(" "))

have a look here:

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/STAT/stata/library/GraphExamples/code/grblab1.htm

Johannes

----------------------
Johannes Geyer
Deutsches Institut f�r Wirtschaftsforschung (DIW Berlin)
German Institute for Economic Research
Department of Public Economics
DIW Berlin
Mohrenstra�e 58
10117 Berlin
Tel: +49-30-89789-258

Benjamin Allaire <[email protected]>
Gesendet von: [email protected]
17/12/2007 20:39
Bitte antworten an
[email protected]

An
<[email protected]>
Kopie

Thema
st: 4 graphs in 1

Hi stata-listers-

I was trying to put  4 graphs together in one.  I know of three ways to
accomplish this, each with problems:

1) Create 4 separate graphs and then use graph combine.  Pros: Can easily
add notes and a title to these graphs. Cons:  I would like only one legend
for all 4 graphs.  I don't see how to do this/if it can be done.

2) twoway scatter with by.  Pros: Only one legend for all 4 graphs. Cons:
Notes and title show up 4 times when I use this command and the annoying
"Graphs by" in lower left hand corner.

3) Use #1 - graph a fake legend in another graph cut and paste the legend
in word in a wmf.  Pros - gets me everything I want. Cons: What a pain!

Does anyone know any way to get everything I want within stata?  Any help
would be most appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Ben
i?m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a
difference.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/MTV/?source=text_Cause_Effect