AW: AW: st: panel-specific autocorrelation with unbalanced panels

From   Jessica �lschl�ger <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   AW: AW: st: panel-specific autocorrelation with unbalanced panels
Date   Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:22:38 +0100

Dear Marck,

Thank you so much for your suggestion.
I've managed to adapt it to my regression - and it works very well!

Regards

Jessica

Dipl. oec. Jessica �lschl�ger

Forschungsstelle Europ�ische Integration
Universit�t Hohenheim

-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Marck Bulter
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2007 14:59
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: AW: st: panel-specific autocorrelation with unbalanced panels

Jessica �lschl�ger wrote:
> Delia and Nicola,
>
> thank you very much for your suggestions.
> I've already had tried both but I don't see how to test for panel-specific
> autocorrelation with xtserial or abar.
> It may be done with xttest1 but this works for balanced panels only.
>
> Jessica

> Dipl. oec. Jessica �lschl�ger
>
> Forschungsstelle Europ�ische Integration
> Universit�t Hohenheim
>
> -----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----

Dear Jessica,

If you regress each cross-section i using,

forvalues i=1/108 {
display "Regress pstrmon for CUSIP" `i'
quietly ivreg pstrmon price mat age coup pstrmonprev pstrprev intr ivol
compl (precmon = precmonprev) if cusip == `i'
estimates store model `i'
more
}

Then you should be able to test for autocor. etc, just like a normal
time series regression for each i. Although you should change the
estimate line a bit, but you get picture. Give it a try.

regards,
Marck Bulter