st: Opening a dta file directly from Explorer, Stata 9, Windows Vista

From   Delia Ionascu <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Opening a dta file directly from Explorer, Stata 9, Windows Vista
Date   Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:20:59 +0100

Dear all,

I have just installed Stata 9 on a computer that uses Windows Vista
Premium as operating system.

I am now trying to open a data file (dta) directly from Explorer, but
after I have authorized the system to run Stata 9, Stata, instead of
running
use + the dta file
tries to run only the dta file and thus I get an error message.

I thought to change the command that starts Stata, either when
associating dta files with Stata program, or by right clicking on the
Stata program and going to Properties. I did not succeed in any of the
cases as I didn’t see where I could specify myself which command is
executed when Stata starts running. Do you know how this problem could
be overcome?

Kind regards,
Delia Ionascu