Re: st: How to calculate mortality ratios

From   Ana Gabriela Guerrero Serdan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to calculate mortality ratios
Date   Tue, 4 Dec 2007 01:36:59 -0800 (PST)

Dear Steve,

The frame was taken from a census, which i dont have.
The survey was done in two stages.  PSUs were selected
with linear systematic pps sampling. Stratification
was done at the regional level and urban/rural areas.
I have information in the survey on the households per
psu, psu, strata, regions, pweights, and all hhs
characteristics, etc..

The main/second respondents in each houshold provided
information on who has died in their household and
what was the cause of death. In the questionaire, the
interveiwer had several options to mark from.

 If there would be a one-member household that is
death and  had lived alone, certainly this is not
reflected in the hh survey.

The survey is like a LSM survey , so the aim is to
know about living conditions. It is not a mortality
survey although some quesions were asked.

I want to calculate mortality ratios per region by
different causes, this would be sort of a CMR (*1000),
so I would be able to compare them.

thanks,

Gaby
--- Steven Joel Hirsch Samuels