st: RE: Re: Missing values test

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Missing values test
Date   Sun, 2 Dec 2007 17:11:22 -0000

I've not done it myself, and this may well be obvious
to those who know the literature, but surely more can
be said.

Missingness can always be represented by a dummy. So
the structure of missing data can always be explored by
logit regression with missingness on something as response
w.r.t. various predictors, which may well include missingness
on some other things as dummy predictors.

Some recent books have touched on graphics for missingness,
too:

Cook, D. and Swayne, D.F. 2007.  Interactive and dynamic graphics for
data analysis: With R and GGobi.
        New York: Springer.

Unwin, A., Theus, M. and Hofmann, H. 2006.  Graphics of large datasets:
Visualizing a million.  New York:
        Springer.