Re: st: How to calculate mortality ratios

From   Ana Gabriela Guerrero Serdan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to calculate mortality ratios
Date   Sun, 2 Dec 2007 07:13:40 -0800 (PST)

Steve,

thanks. Yes sorry my ratio should have been x/y.

I missed to calculate the total population first as
this is in a separate file. I was doing calculations
only among those that died from different causes.

So from file 2 I need to calculate my total
population. I have individual information for each
household in the survey. Not sure if I should first
generate a count variable?

svyset AI06 [pw= expweigh], strata( AI05)
gen count=_n
svy: total count, over(AI02)

then use this to calculate the mortality ratio in file
1 as you indicated.

thanks again,
Gaby

--- Steven Joel Hirsch Samuels

http://www.rhul.ac.uk/economics/About-Us/postgrads.html
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/49939890@N00/
> >
> > Tel: +44 7912657259

> > ______________
> > Be a better pen pal.
> > Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See
> how.  http://
> > overview.mail.yahoo.com/
> > *
> > *   For searches and help try: