Re: st: predict after clogit

From   "Arne Risa Hole" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: predict after clogit
Date   Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:12:27 +0000

Jeph,

The prediction is not conditional on having one or more positive
outcomes but on having _exactly_ one positive outcome per group. I
don't know how useful this is in practice as what you really want is
the unconditional probability.

As far as I know the only alternatives are including the fixed effects
manually in -logit- which is a bad idea when the group sizes are small
or, alternatively, using a random effects logit. The latter approach
assumes, of course, that the regressors are uncorrelated with the
unobserved heterogeneity which may not be the case.

Perhaps someone else have any better ideas...

Arne