st: How to run a program with ! / winexec minimized

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: How to run a program with ! / winexec minimized
Date   Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:10:54 -0200 (BRT)

Dear list,

Looking at previous messages, I found out other Stata user with the same
problem as mine.

I would like to invoke a shell from Stata without a visible
window for the shell.

According to Alan Riley, this would be possible by setting $S_SHELL
temporarily to contain the name of the executable.

Hence, would it be possible to you to show me how to do that and then set
Stata as it was by default?

If any newer solution is already available, I will be grateful for any help.

All the best,

Tiago