st: mkdat

From   Johannes Geyer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: mkdat
Date   Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:50:04 +0100

Dear Statalist,

my question concerns an option in the user-written program "mkdat.ado" to
draw samples from the GSOEP. I have to specify a path-name for the
"using"-command:

***************************
mkdat

akzahl bkzahl ckzahl dkzahl

using PATHNAME , files(p) waves(a b c d) netto(10)
***************************

Say my pathname includes a blank like in "C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\Eigene Dateien" then the program returns an error

**************
invalid 'und'
**************

This does not happen with other commands, like e.g. merge and also the
Stata help says that it is enough to enclose the expression in quotes.
Does anybody know why this does not work with mkdat or did I miss
something? My solution was to use "cd "PATHNAME"" and then enter the
folder directly but I would like to understand the error.

Thanks,
kind regards

Johannes

Johannes Geyer
Deutsches Institut f�r Wirtschaftsforschung (DIW Berlin)
German Institute for Economic Research
Department of Public Economics
DIW Berlin
Mohrenstra�e 58