Re: st: optimal lag order in dynamic panel

From   "Majah Ravago" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: optimal lag order in dynamic panel
Date   Sat, 24 Nov 2007 11:17:09 -1000

i finally figured out what i'm doing wrong. I was able to use the
codes below to get the the optimal lag order to feed levinlin and
ipshin. However, i got the results below. Is it because my time data
variable is too short only 7 survey years occuring every three years.

.         ipshin lpcexp, lag(`opt_lag')

Im-Pesaran-Shin test for cross-sectionally demeaned lpcexp
Deterministics chosen: constant

t-bar test, N,T = (74,7)          Obs = 296
Augmented by 2 lags (average)

    t-bar     cv10      cv5       cv1      W[t-bar]    P-value
       dot     -1.640    -1.680    -1.750         dot          dot
.
 levinlin lpcexp, lag(`opt_lag')

Levin-Lin-Chu test for lpcexp     Deterministics chosen: constant
Reducing Andrews truncation

Pooled ADF test, N,T = (74,7)     Obs = 12
Augmented by 2 lags (average)     Truncation: 4 lags

coefficient    t-value        t-star       P > t
 -0.87566       -5.704            dot           dot